Friday, January 06, 2006

Midnight Seeds



I came to the Enchanted Grove with the Shadows.

I’ve brought a present for this place.

Look here….

In my hand I hold these seeds.

I robbed them from Corpses and Witches, Ghouls and Ghosts. I’ve sailed cursed ships and traveled through airless catacombs to find them.

They are mine and I’ve traveled to dark, dark places to find them…to bring back each one.

It wouldn’t be fun to keep them all to myself. I’ve brought them back here to share.

I’ve come a long way to share them all.

The Nightshade and Wolfsbane, Mandrake and Thistles and Weeds. The inspire me, they speak to me they are beautiful to me. I want to make them all live. Each and every one of them.



I wonder, was it you that saw me last night?

Were you the one that stood behind that tree with your notebook clenched in your hand, your eyes opened wide in terror, horror and revulsion as you saw me for what I am? Were you the one that wanted to scream and runaway but just…didn’t?

Were you the one that watched as I did my Midnight Gardening?

Did you see me on my knees, digging into the earth with my bare hands, laughing as I dropped each rotted seed down into the dark wet soil?

I wonder what you did when you saw me lean down and kiss the Dark Earth. I wonder what you felt when I looked up and you were positive I saw you.

Well, I did.

After my seeds sprout and grow and reach up to the dark, dark night sky I’ll be back to harvest them…and I’ll tell you their secrets.

Because that’s what I do.

And that’s what you want, but it will be our little secret.

I like Secrets after all…especially the Dark Ones.

Anita Marie's Garden....Enter if you dare....

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Unbelievable! Three amazing pieces Anita Marie. This one is the best! It is just extraordinary. I do love your perspective. That is me you hear clapping loudly.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Fascinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home