Thursday, February 09, 2006

Walking under the Moon

photos, orginal artwork by aletta mes

One of those exceptional nights, that despite the cold, every step held a view worthy of the trip. The snow turned pink in the twilight of the sun. Ski slopes lit with lights that twinkled as did the stars above them. The grass grew crunchy by the time I was nearly home again. All the while a nearly full moon beamed, seemingly following me home. I'd had the good sense to pack my little camera. I am especially happy with the shots of the red and green light with scored of magpies sitting on high tension wires over the crossing. I could not resist a vanity shot of myself as I passed the bank's mylar lined window. Now I am tired and will have to rest some. If any thing I will be doing my writing.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is so effective and the mood is so atmospheric.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Very interesting, Aletta, different and moody. I mean that in a good way. I especially liked the magpies. After a walk like that I'd like to settle in front of a blazing fire with a mug of hot chocolate.

Vi

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The atmosphere you have created here Aletta is just fantastic. So experimental. Wonderful work at your end.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Believer said...

These are the times that make life worth living!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home